CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Miracle Drug??????


So Skyler has been diagnosed with ADHD, anxiety, OCD, and impulse issues. We saw the pshychiatrist on Wednesday.. she was very nice and helpful! She prescribed him Focalin XR at 5 mg for the first 7 days then 10 mg after that! She is worried about him losing weight on it though because it can cause kids not to eat and Skyler is so thin to begin with... so we are drinking Ensure drinks 2xs a day and he is getting snacks at school! Well he did not eat lunch and normally he would have had numerous snacks this afternoon and he has not eaten anything! So we are def. going to stick to the Ensure and I am going to try to push a snack in the afternoon and try to cook things that I know he likes for dinner! But overall I think he has had a good day! He has been really chilled out this afternoon.. No crazy yelling or acting like a wild monkey! So that is a plus! His teacher said he had a good day at school and he said he felt like he could concentrate more! Ofcourse this is only Day 1.. I am hoping that these things stay and improve!


Onto the story of the morning.. My child has NEVER had to swallow a pill let alone a capsule.. so

this morning was interesting.. but after about 5 tries with the same pill.. blech.. he got it down! WTG Skyler! Here is to hoping that it gets better each day!

1 comments:

Katie said...

I really hope that it helps him. I know what you mean about getting them to swallow a pill, Christopher (my 12 yr old) just learned.