CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Open House

Tonight was Skylers schools open house! We had to listen to this long talk from the principal and the PTA then they did a raffle... we won a $25 gift certificate to Outback.. of course as soon as I start a diet! LOL! Then we got to go meet his teacher...this is where the fun started....

Since the 1st day of school we have had a TON of homework... I swear we spend at least an hour on homework a night! I think this is crazy.. the 1st week of first grade and all this? Oh but I had no clue it was about to get worse... She informs us tonight that we have even more on our plate.. math drills.. writing drills..word recognition drills...etc! It is crazy! The teacher was not the "friendliest" of people! She seemed very frazzled and even said she does not have enough time to sit and treat them like babies..well in my eyes.. HE STILL IS A BABY! HE IS MY BABY! I almost started crying listening to this woman talk.. I don't want my baby having all this or dealing with all this! Thankfully I was not the only one.. the other moms kept looking at each other going OMG.. WTH? So I dunno what to think..but I guess we just have to do it! I guess I was spoiled last year! Mrs.Craig was so wonderful! She was so close to the kids and took such good care of them and helped them!

But despite all of this.. Skyler got his test back from last week and I could not be ANY PROUDER! Seriously... On his Spelling test.. He got a 100% A... Grammar... 97% A ..... reading a 90% B he should have had a 93 but the teacher took points off on the stupidest thing.. he wrote in the right answer but did not fill in the bubble! And Conduct he had a 100% A! So tomorrow.. he gets to go get a bakugan toy! Well I am taking him to get 1 and he has talked his Maw Maw into taking him to get 2 of them... he asked for 3 but she shot him down.. I give him an A for effort! LOL! So bribery is going to be the trick! LOL!

And lastly... Skyler is going to be a "Dream Child" standing up at the Dreams Come True Dance.. and he gets to bring a friend.. so he should have a blast!

0 comments: