CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rainbows and Kittens..Puh-lease!

When I do this blog I usually only post the "happy" good things going on with the kids.. well I think I might use it to do some venting too! LOL!

Dont get me wrong I LOVE MY LIFE... it just has its moments.. it is by no means the perfect picture of rainbows and cute little kittens!

A Typical Day For Me:

7:40 am.. phone rings Kristie telling me to wake up so I can take Skyler to school.. which genrally wakes Speed up.. I holler for Skyler and set Speed down on the floor to go play with his brother.. Skyler gets dressed while I enjoy my last 15 minutes of sleep.. which truthfully is heavenly sleep!

8:20 am.. I take Skyler to school still in my PJ's no bra hair not even brushed.. Speed still in his pjs and Brooklyn in her night gown!

9:00 am.. MWF.. Brooklyn is suppose to be at school.. we genrally run about 10-15 minutes late because I dont wanna sit in carpool looking oh so lovely in my pjs and undone hair!

10:30 am.. Speed and I's naptime! By this time of the morning (esp. since being pregnant) I am dying to take a nap and dreading having to wake up!

12:50..MWF.... roll over and realize Oh shit.. I gotta go get Brooklyn.. grab Speed and run get Brooklyn.. usually last because I hate the carpool line! Any other day we are still sleeping!

1:00.. home dealing with Brooklyn having a melt down because she is exhausted and in this stage where she refuses to nap!

2:00.. maybe run errands if I HAVE to! Or take Brooklyn or Skyler to Therapy on Mondays and Tuesdays!

3:00.. going to get Skyler if I have not talked Kristie into doing it! Long boring ass carpool line where people have the brains of monkeys and cant figure out how it works.. well ladies and gentlemen.. it has worked the same way forever!

4:00.. home.. sitting in my lazy chair.. counting down the hour, minutes, seconds till I can put the kids to bed.. because they are outside fighting and screaming and carrying on as if wild Indians lived at my house! I am sure my neighbors love me! And this is the time that I go CRAZY! I walk out the door announcing 101 times that if they do this or that again I am going to tear there butts up.. never happens and they know it! This is also the time they turn into scavengers and try to eat anything and everything they can in the house... I am all for a snack.. but my Goodness these kids eat like they have never eaten before!

Sean usually makes it home sometime in here and takes the kids outside so I can have some quiet time! Which usually is interupted by a kid coming in crying because Sean has fussed at them or they dont like the answer they got from him! It is either that or he is looking for something to go do to get out of here.. i.e. roping, look at "roys" 4-wheeler, fly a kite.. who knows!

5:00... Dinner starts.. Baby under my feet crying.. kids screaming and fighting..and me about to fall asleep into the hot pots infront of me! Not to mention the time my nauseau begins to actually rear its ugly head the most!


5:30ish.. dinner time! The time when my kids come to look in the pot and say WTHeck is that.. I dont like that.. or I am not hungry I had a big lunch.. YEAH! So I fix each of them a plate and set it on the table.. where it becomes a stand off of me versus them.. so finally after an hour of trying to coax them to eat I give up and tell them to put there plates on the counter.. to which they say.."can I have a popsicle"! Um NO!

6:30.. bath time! There favorite time of the day! I usually sit down with Skyler and do homework and let the other 2 bathe.. then switch off!

7:00... down time... kids in beds.. well in BED because Brooklyn REFUSES to sleep in here room.. so she ends up with Skyler every evening and the battle begins.. I swear they have cage matches in that room! This is also the time they know I am trying to get Speed down and I cant yell at them.. so they begin shuffling up and down the hall going the bathroom or "get a drink of water".. but somehow in the morning jello and yogurt and cookies and other containers end up on the headboard! I guess we have hungry ass elves in this house!

8:00.. my bed time! Yeah we are early to bed around here! Our day starts to early for me! I wish I could go to sleep at 6:3o and when Sean is home I try!

So that is a run down of my day! In the mix of all that.. I find time to pay bills, grocery shop and pick up the house to make it look like people not monkeys live here!

I dont remember the last time I wore my hair down, wore a cute outfit that was not spit up on or had something spilt on it, or did my make-up! But my life is my life and I would not change it for anything! Every smile, I love you Mom, hug and kiss makes it worth it! And dont tell my husband.. but it is not that hard! ;)

So that is my Un-rainbows and kittens! LOL!

1 comments:

HaydenMaddox said...

OMG. I am ROTFL!!!!!!! I think you do have elves that live in your house. Skyler will tell you that you do, then you will have to check his tounge and it will be GREEN!!
We are going to have to plan some of those nap times to become playdates for Speed and Hayden. I don't know how you manage to do DR appointments in between all that.
Love you and your wonderful family.